The degree of success (or not) of every organisation is determined by value delivery.
Value delivery depends on people feeling valued and living values which are greatly influenced by leadership, management, and culture.
Below is the base model I often use when I begin to work with my clients.
As a general rule before I work with a team, business, or individual, I undertake a remarkability review checking on the 19 areas that I have come to understand are critical for consistent high performance in value creation and delivery.
I rate each area as good signifying basic standards of performance are being achieved; great, performance is better than basic, or remarkable, conspicuously extraordinary performance is happening.
I then document with those accountable agreed actions to be taken in the next 90 days and either schedule a time to come back for an after actions review, or agree with the client on what work I will undertake to help people to take the agreed actions.
The 19 areas critical for consistent high performance in value creation and delivery
People feel valued
1) People are recruited for value delivery role/s and for willingness to live values.
2) Role Clarity Statements (RCS) articulate purpose, value deliverables and to whom.
3) Induction/onboarding begins unleashing and enhancing people's gifts.
4) Personal and Team Performance Improvement Plans are conversation focusing tools along with RCS.
5) L & D framework in place and successfully unleashing and enhancing gifts.
6) Leadership is the art of ensuring people feel valued.
7) There’s a culture of catching people doing the right thing and being appreciated for doing so.
8) Individual and team scorecards show progress in meaningful work.
People live values
9) The organisation’s reason for being (purpose) is clearly articulated and understood as being very different to their results.
10) There’s an intimate awareness of who the organisation serves and the challenges they want to overcome, problems they want solved, and desires they want to fulfill.
11) Values are in alignment with above and are articulated as 5 or less behaviours.
12) People are held to account.
13) Persistent failure to live values means dismissal. No-one is any doubt about this or immune from it.
14) Candid and convivial communication and conversations underpin the culture.
People deliver value
15) Must Have’s, Should Have’s and Nice-to-haves (value) documented for all stakeholder groups and under continual review.
16) There are agreed processes in place for:
Turning information into insight into inspiration into ideas into innovation.
17) Operating policies, procedures, practices, and system mean it’s simple for people to deliver value.
18) At transaction and interaction levels everyone is empowered to make decisions.
19) When a problem occurs opportunities are taken to innovate rather than simply solving the problem and returning to the status quo.
You can do your own remarkability review using the above process and this document.
If you'd like some help please give me a shout. My number is +61 418 807 898.