Hybrid workplaces are now reality. Working sometimes in a central place and sometimes away from that place.
I have many clients excelling in this new world of work. Our conversations about being able to thrive in this new world are centring around three essentials, role clarity, belonging and wise leadership.
Role clarity has always mattered. The wise have long discarded job descriptions. The wise ensure that role clarity revolves around relationships and what value is being delivered and exchanged with each other.
The Zoom room may be the most popular meeting place. It's also become unpopular through overuse. Be wise by ensuring people feel valued and cancel all unnecessary meetings.
- Catch people doing things right and doing the right thing.
- Give people genuine compliments.
- Informally and formally celebrate with people what is going well for them.
- Always say please and thank you and mean it.
- Be courteous and kind.
- Share stories about the successes of your people.
- Be compassionate.