Friday 1 September 2017
Spring is much more than a season
I don't deny though that Spring is a favourite.
Flowers seem to anticipate it, birds definitely do. Our dog Molly has had an extra spring, dare I say it, in her step lately as the weather has been showing hints of Springtime albeit tarnished with the harshness of winter.
A great axiom I live by is ensuring there are Spring moments, days and longer periods in my personal and business life regardless of the season outside.
Here are 5 rituals I embrace
1) I begin each day by writing down what I'm grateful for.
2) When I'm feeling less than my best I say out loud 'the joy of spring'. Then intention, feelings and thoughts change. Better behaviour follows.
3) I invest 1 day a month in re-imagining something about my work. Always the result is I make an adjustment that means I'm providing greater value or the same value just in a better way for my clients.
4) Every quarter I have a spring clean. I write down what's worth celebrating and what can be better. Then I rewrite my performance possibility plan for the next quarter.
5) Every year on this day, the first of September, whether it's Spring outside or not, I go through my change process pictured below and re-imagine who I am when my life is in full blossom.
Who will you become?
What will you do next?