Sparkenation: a spark that ignites passion that leads to action that changes what’s normal.
Listen directly to the podcast version of this post here.
In a nutshell
We all have needs, expectations and desires (NED’s). We rely heavily on other people to satisfy our NED’s.
In the modern world the quality of the experience/s through which we satisfy our NED’s is paramount.
To thrive in this new world of work it is essential to design your work so that it is meaningful for you and valued by others and then in the words of Steven Farber “do what you love in the service of people who love what you do.”
3 recommended actions
1) Observe your behaviour over the next week. When are you most doing work that is meaningful for you?
2) How will you do more of this kind of work?
3) Ask the people you work with for feedforward concerning how you deliver what you do to them and modify your actions accordingly.
Recommended deep work
1) Establish a work group to read and discuss Steve Farber’s great book ‘The Radical Leap.’
2) With this group enact the Personal Change Journey and coaching and mentoring models that I first explored in ‘The Appreciative Leader’ handbook and pictured below. Get your copy of The Appreciate Leader handbook from the PDF file you download here
Do Your Work.