Material for today’s podcast is mainly drawn from the Communication sparkenation of my Remarkable Workplaces book.
Sparkenation: a spark that ignites passion that leads to action that changes what’s normal.
Listen directly to the podcast version of this post here.
In a nutshell
Being a positive and productive influence for others has much to do with building and sustaining high value, mutually rewarding relationships.
A key component is seeing/hearing behaviour (acceptable and not), calling both out and facilitating conversations that appreciate acceptable behaviour, help people to be accountable when there's been slippage, and sustain or restore alignment.
Post these conversations it's important to document agreements and how progress will be made visible.
Mastery of 8 styles of conversations (includes communication in general as well as presentations) and 7 situations are essential for success.
These 15 elements are the subject matter for my ebook Communication, Presentations and Conversations That Sustain Remarkable Businesses which you downloaded as The Essential Conversations Matrix in the Compete with yourself sparkenation.
3 recommended actions
1) Download the ebook above if you haven’t already. Commit to mastering each of the elements. You'll find this ebook at Sparkenation 5 in the companion resources web page to my Remarkable Workplaces book.
2) Undertake the performance possibility pulse check inside the ebook involving as many people who you work closely with and who know you well.
3) Commit to undertaking the pulse check regularly and sharing it and your proposed actions with your colleagues.
Recommended deep work
1) Commit to formal learning each year that means your continually improving your communication, presentation and conversation attitude and skills.
2) Work with mentors both inside and external to your workplace who will help you to apply your formal learning.
3) Become a communication, presentation and conversation mentor yourself to people inside and external to your workplace.
Do Your Work.
Post a Comment